Friday, November 2, 2007

Where do I stand on ufology?

My observations of ufology as an armchair type guy. Just confessing my ignorance.
1. UFO's exist, but who's to say what they are? ET, unknown energies, hoaxes, misidentified, multidimensional, psyche. Hard to tell but would warrant objective scientific investigation. Ha, ha. All joking aside, UFO's are something, whether mundane or not.

2. Disclosure is not the way. What would the government disclose and what would be witheld? And how would anyone know? There's lots to say on disclosure, but I'll suffice it to say that lack of proof and engrained predispositions seem to hurt this movement. Now I will say that other countries leading the "disclosure" movement may ultimately put pressure on the US. Possibly, but I think not. And if they were bombarded enough that they might release some softball type of report. And what if the know, but they don't know what the hell it is?? How would the disclosure people react if UFO's are drastically different then what they expect?? Like I said, lots to talk about.

3. Stephen Greer seems to be Dr Jeckyl, Mr Outrageous Duality. I mean his claims are so extensivley preposterous it takes away tremendously from any good he has done. And I think the 2001 National Press Club was the best possible turning event at the worst possible time with the worst possible ringleader. Some of the testimonies are compelling. So he's done good and bad, well, maybe mostly bad.

4. Billy Meier UFO's are obviously hoaxed. I don't really need the story and the rants and the cultist mentality. There is very good evidence. THE PICTURES. Do you remember watching Mr Rogers when they went into the little tunnel and came into this miniature world??

5. There's a lot of shows to listen to but many aren't asking the right questions. It's as if we care to just perpetuate this whole field. Let people talk and talk and spew and spew out garbage until the show ends. I want the proof, I want the truth, I want the real scoop. Don't insult my lack of intelligence with your phony, sell a book, made up, theory. I guess at this point I stop listening anyway. Unless its the Paracast. They ask the right questions.

6. There seems to be a paradoxal duality with our society. We accept supernatural belief, but only if doesn't conflict with current paradigms. We accept religion, but dismiss UFO's. We pray. We believe in life after death. A path to (insert your favorite afterlife here). A bunch of old writings that some people base their entire lives on. I guess the will to believe is somewhere inside us. The will to believe is embedded at some level deep in our DNA. I guess maybe we do it to get through life. Anyway, maybe their is something to the meaning of life and maybe there isn't. But the fact remains that it is OK to talk about these issues, even publically, but it is not OK to talk about UFO's. Alien life. Advanced life. Aliens are perhaps more probable than god. But I suppose they can't offer us eternal life. Whoops, forgot about heavens gate.

The aliens have taken me. Goodbye for now.

No comments: