Friday, August 28, 2009

Crop Circles and UFO's : At least One Example


While I've been quite entertained by the repeated claims of UFO's making crop circles, I am at the same time intrigued by a report from 1974 in Canada. And it seems to serve as, so far as I can tell, a genuine UFO encounter that left behind,.. you guessed it, crop circles. Not an intricate fancy one of the DNA molecule, but just a plain circle. Well, .. actually 5 of them.

Edwin Fuhr, a farmer in Saskatchewan, was out working his rapeseed fields. He saw an object from his swather and got closer to take a look. Thinking it was some junk deposited there or some kind of joke, he was astounded to encounter a metallic looking object hovering and spinning in front of him. He dismounted to get closer. He got within 15 feet of the thing before a realization of something very odd indeed turned to fear. Scared of what he was witnessing he backed away towards his swather. He noticed that the spinning of the thing was also affecting the grass beneath it. As he retreated, still facing the object, he noticed to his side that there were four more objects nearby doing the same thing.

Ted Phillips later became involved and in an interview Edwin described what happened:

They were all revolving, all four of them. I sat there like I was frozen, I couldn't move nothing....I sat there for, it could have been fifteen or twenty minutes, I don't know. From one of them, something was probing around the grass....It was like, oh, I would say, the size of a fifty-cent piece, it looked like a probe, and the grass was all twisted and you could see marks like something had jumped here and there, all over. Then, they all went up, straight up, to I would say about two hundred feet and they stopped at that distance. When they hit the two hundred foot mark, they stopped spinning and a vapour floated out, an exhaust. The exhaust was only about six feet long, like a vapour, it was two ports at the bottom of it.

You could see they were about twelve-inch diameter ports and they were all like that. They were in a step-like formation, the lower was the last to go up... And after that, I would say only a second, there was a downward wind, a pressure that flattened the rape that was standing and I thought, "Oh, here goes my crop." It just took seconds to get to that height (two hundred feet) and then they were just standing and after that, into the clouds and they were gone.


Constable Morier mas the first on the scene to hear the story, see the circles left behind, and talk with Fuhr. He was convinced Fuhr was not lying.

He says : There is no way that this is a hoax...I think that there is no way that anything was wheeled in and out of that field because there had to be some trace...whatever was in there, it came out of the air and departed the same way, as far as I could tell.

Once I saw the rings, and how genuinely scared Mr. Fuhr was, it was most definite something had landed. Nothing could have been brought into that area. There were no tracks. It came out of the sky and went back to the sky.

"Mr. Fuhr is very sincere and a responsible member of the community that members of the force have known for the past four years."

I have seen this episode depicted on a television show at one time. I believe it was UFO Files featuring Ted Phillips and some of the cases he had been involved with. I haven't been able to find that video, but will post it if and when I encounter it. A few posts ago I embedded a video that contains some pictures of the rings that were left from the apparent UFO's. Check it out.


And while I usually dismiss the UFO / Crop Circle connection, well, ..... it has happened at least once if this case is legit.

Aha!! I found the video I was looking for. First it features this case in Saskatchewan.




2 comments:

Pharos said...

Here is the crop circle episode of UFO files, but I don't know if it's the one you're looking for.

http://www.guba.com/watch/2000921011

TC said...

Jeff-
Thats not the one, but thanks for the link. There is a lot to view over there. The show featured Ted Phillips (or maybe physical evidence), but I don't remember the specific episode name. I also remember a depiction of the Delphos incident which I'll be writing about soon. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment here. I didn't know anyone was out there.