Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Chicago O'Hare Sighting: A Look Back

Well it's been a year now(close enough) that we've heard about the sighting in Chicago last year. Of course the sighting happened in Nov of 06, but didn't hit the news until early January.

I remember first thinking, this is interesting and the first thing I noticed was that it happened two months ago. I thought this was weird at first, but, I suppose I can understand the timing it. I think this was on Davenports site when it happened in November 2006, but not sure. I can't tell at this point how much fact checking went into this story before it was released. Some think that perhaps it hadn't been properly investigated and we may be releasing something that was inadequate and unverified.

Anyway an investigation was done by Richard Haines and NARCAP.

Here it is.

I'll be honest. I haven't read the entire 145 page report, yet. I'll do it in time. I'm not a freak you know.

I'm just wondering looking back on it if we can still learn anything. Can we get anything else out of it? We have the one of the biggest airports in the world and this is all we have??? No pictures? No video? Nothing really than a few people saying some things. I really have to think that maybe it didn't happen at all. I just can't get over the facts of the cloud hole, the length of the sighting, and no evidence.

I suppose it isn't any different than any sighting really. Same thing. Nothing. Maybe there was something there, but as far as convincing anyone, well, I don't know.

No comments: